Saturday, April 19, 2014

Well. Yesterday was NOT a good day of eating. Today, however, is a new day.

I manage a restaurant, so I always have access to food which isn't the best nutritional choice, especially for someone who is the aforementioned fifty. Nonetheless, I know that I have the power over what goes into my body, and if I pack my lunch I generally do okay.

The day started off well enough. Had my cheerios, had a sandwich on wheat bread. Even had a small salad mid-afternoon. But, when the weather is rainy and dreary I have so much trouble! I allowed an employee to buy me the best chocolate shake I've had in years, and then when I got home my hubby tried to buy my affection with chocolate, macaroni and cheese, and meatloaf. He didn't get much affection, but the chocolate and comfort food certainly hit the mark. 

Today, of course, like every woman who eats too much, I have morning after syndrome.  Karate has been cancelled because it's Easter weekend, it's not paddling weather, so I'm headed over to the YMCA to do a little damage control. And I need to resist making today a Faturday.

As I said earlier, I've learned a lot about staying healthy and that I own the power. I think that's one of the hardest things to learn. And that weight loss is 95% mental. The last part, to me, explains why someone like Oprah (who has all the resources you could ask for) struggles so much with her own weight. It's a choice, it's all a choice. You really CAN do it, but you need to give yourself a break.

And now MY choice is to get up out of this chair and head over to the Y.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment