Here I sit, somewhere between Mom and Grandma. My kids are both graduating from college this semester, and threatening to seriously grow up and have lives of their own. It occurs to me that I may not even be the woman to whom my son turns for advice anymore. I guess it's easy to give yourself permission to feel just a little blue, or even a little nervous about what lies ahead, not only for your kids, but yourself as well.
I've always fought the fat gene. The last year or two have brought back some of the "midsection" fat the I hate so much. I've worked so hard to stay in shape ever since a health scare 7 years ago after which I lost 65 pounds. I do karate and paddle sprint kayaks to stay in shape, and because they help my mind. It's occurred to me that I'm certainly not the only person with these issues at 52. I'm not going to give up though. I'm scrappy. I love hanging out with younger people, and giving back to the University I love, Penn State.
And so, here I am. A little FIT. A little FAT. And, a little Fifty.
Will you join me?
Hope is everywhere.
ReplyDelete